|SWIMMING POOL RULES
The swimming pool, as part of the common property of The Circle Apartments Condominium, is for the co-owners, tenants and their guests. The rules governing the use of the swimming pool are for the protection and benefit of all, to assure safe and sanitary operation of the facility. Cooperation in abiding by these conditions will afford pleasant relaxation and recreation for all concerned.
POOL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- “Unit Owner” is defined as a person whose name is on the recorded property deed for a condominium unit in The Circle Apartments Condominium. The Council of Co-Owners is sometimes referred to herein as the “Association.”
- “Tenant” is defined as a person whose name is on a signed lease with a unit owner and
resides in said property for a given period of time.
- “Guest” is a person who does not permanently reside in said property. Residents may host 2 guests per unit at no charge. There is a fee of $5.00 per guest for additional guests, which will be billed to each unit on a monthly basis.
- Registration is done each new pool season to validate authorized pool users for the current pool season.
- Application forms MUST be completed in full each pool season.
- Send applications to the onsite office in #501. You must provide all required documentation; otherwise new pool registration will not be issued.
- Tenants must provide a copy of their current lease at the time of registration. The copy will not be returned to you. Pool Registration will not be issued without the required documentation.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
- Unless otherwise specified, the posted hours will serve as the operating times for the pool:
- NO ONE will be allowed to use the pool when the lifeguards are not on duty.
- The direct dial number to the pool is 703-243-8362.
- The pool may be closed, or its use limited, at any time because of weather, operational difficulties, overcrowding, or at the Pool Manager’s discretion. In the event of lightning in the area, the pool will remain closed for one (1) hour after the last sighted lightning.
- NO ONE will be admitted to the pool area without a complete and valid pool registration form on file in the onsite management office. A list of residents who have complied with this requirement will be maintained at the pool and will be used to govern admission to the pool. This ensures only pool members and their guests use the pool. All guests must be accompanied by a member at all times.
- Members and guests MUST SIGN IN at the pool area providing their full name and unit number.
- Members may not transfer their pool privileges to another member or non-member for the purpose of gaining access to the pool or pool area. Violators of this rule shall be automatically barred from utilizing the pool or pool area for the remainder of the pool season.
- Non-resident Unit Owners may delegate their right to use the pool to their tenants. ONLY tenants who have signed a lease will be registered to use the pool.
- The following restrictions for pool usage apply:
- Children ages 0 to 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult family member or resident or approved care giver 18 years or older. If the child does not pass a swim test, the adult must be within “arms reach” of that child AT ALL TIMES.
- Only guests 18 years of age and up will be permitted entry to the pool without an adult Circle Apartments Condominium Unit Owner or resident present in the pool area. One (1) adult member may escort no more than three (3) children.
- Definition: Any person of any age temporarily visiting the unit owner/tenant (not living there on a permanent basis).
- Members are responsible for all actions of their Guests. Members are required to accompany guests to the pool and acquaint their Guests with ALL applicable pool rules. Guests MUST abide by the pool rules.
- Guests less than 18 years of age must be escorted at all times by a resident member pursuant to the rules set forth herein.
DAMAGE OF OR LOSS TO PERSONAL PROPERTY:
The Circle Apartments Condominium shall not be responsible for the loss or damage to personal property. All personal items left in the shower rooms or on the pool deck are left at the member’s own risk.
REVOCATION OF POOL PRIVILEGES:
- The Circle Apartments Condominium Board of Directors may revoke any member’s or guest’s eligibility to use the pool, for a specified number of days or the entire remaining season, upon the report by the lifeguards of the violation of any of the rules, regulations and restrictions set forth herein. Lifeguards may suspend privileges and shall promptly report the violations to the onsite management agent.
- A Revocation Notice will be provided in writing to the cited member and the parent/guardian of the cited member, if the cited member is under 18 years of age.
Furniture and other pool accessories are for the benefit of all and are to be shared equitably by ALL members and guests.
- Lifeguards are employed for the safety of members and guests. They do NOT provide baby-sitting services.
- Lifeguards have been granted the summary authority to eject a member or guest from the pool area at any time, during or after regular pool times, for violation(s) of these rules, regulations and restrictions.
- Lifeguards will give an initial warning for any violation of these rules/regulations. Upon a second warning by a lifeguard for the same violation of a rule/regulation, the lifeguard will request the member and/or guest to immediately leave the pool premises, to include the bathhouse, hallway and outer entry. Lifeguards will immediately prepare a Violation Notice and will provide copies to the pool management and condominium management companies, and to the Board of Directors.
- Complaints about the pool, pool service, and/or lifeguards should be provided both to the Pool Management Company and to the on-site office at 703-527-9109.
- The Association is represented by the managers and lifeguards, who have been instructed in the rules of The Circle’s pool. Any conflicts shall be addressed with the pool manager, or assistant manager, who will bring the issue to the Association if it cannot be satisfactorily resolved.
- Certified lifeguards will be on duty at all times that the pool is open. They have the authority to use their discretion to enforce the rules to maintain a safe and healthy environment. The pool manager is in charge of the pool and is there for the protection of persons using the pool. The manager has the authority to ask anyone to leave the pool area for infractions of the rules or if an unsafe situation exists. The manager may prohibit entry to anyone for up to one (1) week for each violation or for the entire pool season, with the approval of the Board of Directors.
- Safety is the primary concern to the Association and its members. All persons using the pool do so at their own risk and agree to abide by the rules for use of the facility. The Association assumes no responsibility for an accident or injury in connection with such use or for any loss or damage to personal property. Residents (Owners and tenants) are responsible for the actions of their children and guests.
- Parties in the Community Room where 15 or more guests will be swimming require that an extra lifeguard be present and must be approved in advance by the Board and scheduled with the Pool Management Company. Members are responsible for all associated costs.
- No person shall use the pool facilities unless the pool is officially open and lifeguards are on duty. Unauthorized persons found inside the pool enclosure when the pool is closed will lose their privileges for the remainder of the season and risk prosecution for trespass.
- All bathers shall take a shower before entering the pool. (Parents shall enforce this requirement with their children).
- Persons who have obvious infections (colds, lesions, open sores, etc.) shall not be allowed in the pool. This regulation also applies to those with inflamed eyes, colds, nasal or ear discharges, poison ivy, excessive sunburn, open sores, or any communicable disease. Determination is at the lifeguard’s discretion.
- Smoking, chewing gum and profane language are prohibited.
- Alcohol in any form is NOT permitted at the pool, nor shall intoxicated persons be admitted to the pool facility.
- Food and beverages may be consumed only in the designated picnic area. Excluding plastic bottled water and non-alcoholic drinks, there shall be no food and drinks on the pool deck. No glass bottles or glass containers of any kind are permitted in the pool area during regular hours of operation or during any other pool function.
- All refuse must be placed in containers provided for this purpose. Keeping the facility clean is everyone’s responsibility.
- Breakable objects, particularly glass containers, are not permitted in the pool area at any time.
- Swimmers must wear proper bathing attire. No cut-offs, dungarees or similar attire will be permitted. Additionally, street shoes are prohibited in the pool area.
- Diaper-age children must wear a swimsuit, rubber pants or regular and/or swim diapers. Swim diapers under bathing suits are preferred.
- Persons must stay clear of guard stations at all times.
- Persons unable to demonstrate an ability to swim shall not be permitted in the deep end of the pool.
- No play equipment, play pens, wheeled vehicles (except wheelchairs, strollers etc.) are permitted in pool area.
- No pets (except certified/licensed service dogs) are permitted in the pool area.
- Instructional flotation devices may be used under the direct supervision of an adult. Tubes, rafts and balls are allowed in the pool area only at the discretion of the lifeguard. Goggles (those that cover the eyes only) will be allowed in the wading pool.
- Running, pushing, wrestling, dunking, standing or sitting on another’s shoulders is prohibited.
- Swimmers shall not swim (except to exit the pool) in the diving area and shall remain clear of the ladders except when entering or exiting the pool. The pool staff may regulate the use of the diving board at their discretion.
- No loitering in the parking lot, at the entry, at the guard table or stands.
- No bicycles are allowed in the pool area.
- Toys are allowed in the pool at the discretion of the lifeguard.
- No spouting of water from the mouth or similar unhygienic actions will be permitted in the pool or pool area.
- No diving or jumping in the pool from any area on the deck.
- Headphones must be used with all sound or radio equipment.
The Board of Directors of The Circle Apartments Condominium reserves the right to amend these pool rules at any time.
Copyright © 1998-2002 AtHomeNet, Inc. All rights reserved.
This site is provided by AtHomeNet